TERMS & CONDITIONS
All students must ensure that they read the following terms and conditions of admission before they sign the application form.
1. All courses at Grafton College are open to applicants aged 18 and over.
2. Enrolment on a course, together with the payment of the fee, constitutes a binding agreement on the student to follow the course and pay the full tuition fee.
3. The minimum entry requirements for each course are as set out in the College prospectus, Courses Leaflets and on the College website.
4. The College reserves the right to change the dates, times, locations and tutors of the courses, and to make changes in regulations, syllabus, fees, etc. without prior notice. The College reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a course, if there is insufficient demand. If the course for which an application is made is cancelled for whatever reason, students will be offered an alternative course or a refund of fees.
5. The College will not facilitate any student who is in breach of the immigration rules. If a student is required by the immigration authority to leave Ireland due to non/poor attendance or due to any breach of law, tuition fees paid will not be refunded.
6. Prices are subject to change and we reserve the right to charge additional amounts to reflect any pricing changes taking effect before course commencement date(s).
7. Student materials are not included in the tuition fees unless stated otherwise.
8. Courses are not transferable between students.
9. Student must keep Grafton College informed of any changes to their contact or personal details.
10. Behaviour that puts other students and staff at risk or in a harmful/dangerous situation will not be tolerated and may lead to expulsion.
11. If a student is unhappy with any aspect of the course or the College, the student can make a complaint by using the complaint from available at the College website or from the College reception.
12. The information in this application form is correct at the time of going to print. However, it is subject to change at any time without notice.
13. Once a student has been accepted on a course, a full one year tuition fee (or the full tuition fee for courses less than 12 months) is required. All tuition fees must be paid in full before receiving any official acceptance documentation from Grafton College.
14. Where a student is sponsored by an official sponsor such as the student’s home government, Grafton College much receive a sponsorship letter before any acceptance documentation can be given to the student
15. All bank charges must be paid by the student.
16. If a payment is mad via cheque, but this cheque cannot be cleared, the student will be charged a fee of €35.
Cancellations and Refunds
17. Tuition fees are non-refundable after the commencement of the course.
18. Students who do not require a visa can cancel their application provided that Grafton College receives written notification at least two weeks prior to the course commencement date. In such a case, Grafton College will refund any paid fees apart from the registration fees.
19. If a student has been refused a visa to enter Ireland, the fee paid will be refunded within 20 working days from the request date, apart from the sum of €250 that covers administrative costs, provided the following conditions are met:
a. The student has not entered Ireland.
b. The student has completed Grafton College’s refund form available from the Admissions Office.
c. The student provides the College with the visa refusal letter issued by the Irish Immigration Authorities.
d. If the student has submitted an appeal/administrative review, the fee will only be refunded once the College receives documentary evidence that the appeal/administrative review had been dismissed.
e. All Original documents and receipts for fees paid issued by the College have been returned to Grafton College.
f. If a student’s visa has been refused due to forged documents or any other breaches of the immigration law, there is no refund.
g. If the student has obtained a visa using Grafton College’s official documents and then decided not to follow the course at the College, fees paid will not be refunded.
Awarding body registration and exams/assignments
20. Awarding body registration and exam/assignment fees are not included in the tuition fees, unless stated otherwise. However, it is compulsory for students to register with the awarding body of their course and participate in external exams/assignments on the dates set by the awarding body.
21. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that external examination/assignment entries are submitted on time to the appropriate examining body, and that registration/examination/assignment fees for the examination board are paid in full.
22. Every student agrees to maintain regular attendance. Any absence must be reported to Grafton College in writing.
23. Overseas students on a student visa are required to attend a full-time course of a minimum of 15 hours per week (day-time study). The College is unable to provide attendance certificates to students whose attendance in class is less than 85%.
24. Any absence should be supported by sufficient evidence such as a medical certificate.
25. Please refer to the attendance policy on the College website for further details.
26. Grafton College will, if requested, arrange homestay/student residence/hostel accommodation. A deposit of €65 is required to secure the booking. A letter stating that accommodation will be arranged by Grafton College can only be obtained once the deposit has been paid. The minimum stay at accommodation is one week. The student must complete an accommodation booking form to secure accommodation. For options and the booking form, the student should contact the Accommodation Officer.
Airport Pick Up
27. Grafton College will, if requested, arrange airport pick up. The student must complete an airport pick up booking form available from the Accommodation officer.
I confirm that, to the best of my knowledge, the information in this form is correct. I have read the College Terms & Conditions. I understand and agree to abide by the conditions and regulations set out there, which I accept as a condition of this application.